DIY Do it yourself - how to conduct your own training
How to follow up
- You can follow up this training and obtain more information about how to implement it in your daily work.
- Study the manual for examples that are relevant in your work.
- Use your group for support, caring and sharing.
- It is important to practice the grounding exercises again and again until the skill becomes automatic and can be called on even during moments of distress.
- Take care of yourself as a helper, do the nessesary self-evaluation to prevent secondary trumatisation and the like. See our thematic page on helping the helper.
- Before you separate, please agree among yourselves that one or two of you will take particular responsibility for providing and coordinating support to members of the group.
- If you would like to do so, please let HHRI know their names.
- Try to find and make use of resource persons in your region who can provide advice or input.
- Contact HHRI for advice when you need it.
Contact person at HHRI: Elisabeth Ng Langdal
Health and Human Rights Info
Kirkegata 5 0153 Oslo Norway
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.hhri.org
If you would like copies of this manual email us at: email@example.com
Email us too if you have feedback or suggestions to improve this publication