Dear colleague, welcome to our GBV - manual web page
Thank you for your interest in our manual:
“Mental health and gender-based violence Helping survivors of sexual violence in conflict – a training manual” - DOWNLOAD (PDF)
In addition to the manual we introduce:
- A Prezi introduction to the manual
- English GBV-Manual-flyer PDF
- Spanish GBV-Manual-flyer PDF
- Portuguese GBV-Manual-flyer PDF
- The toolbox - a collections of the tools in the manual such as grounding exercises, the Butterflystory, window of tolerance etc
- Spanish Prezi introductio to the manual
- Caja de Herramientas
- Webinar arranged by UNFPA with organisations in the MENA region - Nora Sveaass gives an introduction to the manual 40 minutes
- A certificate training - do the 6 sessions and respond to the final questioner to apply for the certificate
We understand that you may be working with survivors, or involved in training of helpers working directly with survivors or in other ways engaged in the topic of assisting survivors of gender based violence.
We hope that the manual will be useful in your work and that you will benefit from the experiences that have been summarized and presented in it.
This webpage will be useful if you have questions regarding:
- the use of the manual
- how and where the pilots were conducted and relevant feedback from the pilots
- information about the organisations that were cooperating on the development
- where to send feedback and questions
- translations of the manual or parts of it to others languages
- introduction and work of HHRI
- why we saw the need for a manual specifically on how to meet survivors of GBV in a mental health perspective
Please let us know if you also want a hard copy of the manual, send us your address and we will be glad to sendt it to you, free of charge. We are also delighted if you want to share our manual with colleagues and others.
You are welcome send us an e-mail if you need us to follow up or to provide further assistance regarding the use of the manual.
We wish you all the best in your important work and good luck with the manual.